Microsoft has made an announcement, informing Office 365 users, that the 2013 version of Office will no longer be supported as of February 28th, 2017.
Users who are running the 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications after February 28, 2017 will have to upgrade to the latest version of Office 365 client applications to continue to receive support from Microsoft. The following is a list of products for which support will end:
- Office 365 ProPlus (2013)
- Office 365 Small Business Premium (2013)
- Office 365 Business (2013)
- Project Pro for Office 365 (2013)
- Visio Pro for Office 365 (2013)
After February 28, 2017 the following apply:
- All 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications (32 and 64-bit) and all language packs will no longer be available for installation from the Office 365 Admin Center.
- An updated 2013 version of the Office Deployment Tool will be released that will no longer support the installation of Office 365 client applications.
- Microsoft will not release any feature updates for these versions of the products.
- Microsoft will no longer provide support for these versions of the products through Customer Service and Support (CSS) or Microsoft Premier Support.
- Microsoft will continue to release critical and important security updates for these versions of the products until April 10, 2018. See the following Microsoft website: Security Bulletin Severity Rating System.
- Microsoft will not provide notification before implementing potentially disruptive changes that may result in a service interruption for users of the 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications. See the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Online Services support lifecycle policy.
If your company needs support in updating your volume license for Microsoft Office, or migrating to Microsoft Office 365, please contact us, at email@example.com .