Windows 7 end of support January 20th, 2020
Yes, another article on the end of support for Windows 7.
We’re now in June, and there is limited time to plan your workstation upgrades and work with your software vendors to upgrade your servers to 2016 or 2019 server.
Workstation Roll outs: If your business is still running Windows 7, now, really, now is the time to start placing those orders for new equipment.
The old way was to have your own image, to write over the OEM image on the new desktop or laptop.
- 10-30 users – just plan on manual deployment
- 30-500 users, and an Office 365 Azure Active Directory Premium customer- you might benefit from Microsoft Autopilot.
- Cloud based
- Zero Touch
- After profile configuration
- Direct shipment from Manufacture (Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Panasonic, Microsoft Surface and Toshiba)
What Microsoft has done, it really cool and helps companies simplify the roll-out of new devices, no matter what network they connect to.
You have granular control of what the end user sees when they first logon to the device.
- End-user license agreement (EULA): (Windows 10, version 1709 or later) Choose if you want to show the EULA to users.
- Privacy settings: Choose if you want to show privacy settings to users.
- Hide change account options (requires Windows 10, version 1809 or later)
- User account type: Choose the user’s account type (Administrator or Standard user).
- Allow White Glove OOBE
- Apply device name template: Choose Yes to create a template to use when naming a device during enrollment. Names must be 15 characters or less, and can have letters, numbers, and hyphens. Names can’t be all numbers. Use the %SERIAL% macro to add a hardware-specific serial number. Or, use the %RAND:x% macro to add a random string of numbers, where x equals the number of digits to add.
- Language (Region)*: Choose the language to use for the device. This option is only available if you chose Self-deploying for Deployment mode.
- Automatically configure keyboard*: If a Language (Region) is selected, choose Yes to skip the keyboard selection page. This option is only available if you chose Self-deploying for Deployment mode.
So, if you are a corporate customer, with Office 365 work with your solution provider to add Office 365 Azure Active Directory Premium services to simplify your Windows 10 deployment options.